CCFRecycles- How we do our part for the environment and our community
Here at Cubicle Curtain Factory, we understand the impact that businesses make on the environment, and we've implemented energy-saving and waste-reducing procedures to combat the footprint we make. Below are some examples of what we do, how we do it and why:
- We have placed blue and yellow bins throughout our manufacturing facility to promote ease of access as well as held an informative meeting outlining the importance of recycling efforts and the process of doing so correctly.
- The majority of our waste is recyclable, and consists mostly of cardboard and paper. Because of this, we've been able to not only reduce the size of our garbage container, but also the amount of pick ups during the week. We went from a six (6) cubic yard to a four (4) cubic yard garbage container, and from three (3) to two (2) pick ups per week. In turn, we've increased our cardboard recycling container from six (6) cubic yards to eight (8) cubic yards and from one (1) to two (2) pick ups per week! We've saved over $400/month by doing so.
- Everyone is on board, excited and feels good about participating in this program, which fuels our desire to do even more for our business, community and environment!
- Many of us have very little use for our previously-beloved desk garbage bins, as most of what we are 'throwing away' can and is being recycled. In some cases, garbage bins aren't even present at some employee's desks, and the small amount of trash they accumulate is walked to the nearest community garbage bin! Those are the kind of changes we like to see.
- We are conscious of the amount of water, light and electricity used in our facility, and actively try to reduce our consumption as much as possible. Turning off lights when leaving a room, turning the A/C temperature up when leaving for the day and weekend, and only washing dishes and hands with cold water are just some of how we are energy-conscious. It has been proven that, even in the case of florescent lights, although a small surge of electricity is used when first turning them on, the amount of energy saved is much higher when left off- a common misconception for many.
- Although some employees have already been bringing their own silverware and dishware to reduce the amount of garbage they produce, we are currently transitioning to make plasticware and paper plates a thing of the past. By no longer purchasing Styrofoam cups, plasticware and other disposable items and instead replacing them with non-disposable dishware for our staff, we encourage and simplify the reduction of unnecessary waste that ends up in our landfills and, even worse, our lands and oceans.
Reuse the Reusable
- From plastic bags to paper towels, from plates to plasticware, we promote washing and reusing that which can be used again. We've recently purchased BPA-free reusable water bottles and have distributed them to our entire staff. We love seeing these beautiful, green bottles around the office on employee's desks and knowing they not only understand but appreciate our efforts to make not only our work environment, but also the world, a better place to live and work!
Are you a current customer? Would you like to receive one of our BPA-free Cubicle Curtain Factory reusable water bottles? Click the button below to tell us what you do to reduce your environmental footprint at work or home and, if we like it, we'll send you one for free!